We’re well into the heat of summer which means our August meeting is right around the corner. I can’t wait to hear our speaker, C. Hope Clark. In the morning session, Hope will talk about “The Shy Writer – An Introvert’s Guide to Writing Success.” In the afternoon, she’ll be giving us ideas on “Funding Streams for Writers.” As you can see by her topics, she will provide us with a wealth of useful information for writers, using both discussion and exercises.
Here are a few items to remember for August:
- Please make your dinner reservations for Friday night at Boxcar Willie’s by Tuesday, August 13. Dinner orders must be pre-paid ($9.50) either via PayPal or by mailing a check to Brenda Black. Both the PayPal link and Brenda’s address can be found here: http://www.ozarkswritersleague.com/#!meals–events/c1u1l (NOTE: Please be sure to notify me of your reservation AND make payment by August 13.)
- If you’d like to read something during Open Mic after dinner on Friday night, please let me know by August 13 and send a short bio to be used as an introduction. Open mic is limited to the first twelve requests and thank you for keeping your readings within the five-minute time limit!
- Thanks to Jeanie Horn for another great newsletter! I’ve attached a copy to this email. Or, you can click on this link to read it:http://www.ozarkswritersleague.com/#!newsletters/cee5
- Contest entries are due by September 1!! Click on this link for more information: http://www.ozarkswritersleague.com/#!contests/coug
Nominations for next year’s officers will be made at the August meeting. Here is our current slate of nominations:
If you’re interested in running for office, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the August meeting.
And finally, a couple of pieces of exciting news:
- If you haven’t already done so, please visit OWL’s new online home at http://www.ozarkswritersleague.com/, created by our new Webmaster, Karen Nelson. This site is easy to maneuver and contains a means of paying for your membership, meals and contest entry fees via PayPal.
- In November, we will be celebrating OWL’s 30th Anniversary! We plan to have a celebration as part of our Awards banquet on Friday night, November 15. This year, Boxcar Willie notified me that their banquet room will not be available in November, so that has given us the opportunity to try a new venue for dinner, a request that has been made by some of our members in the past. I’m excited to announce that our November Awards Banquet and 30th Anniversary Celebration will be held at the Old English Inn in Hollister. Here’s a link: http://oldenglishinnhollister.com/. More information will follow, but for now, SAVE THE DATE!
- Also, if you have any photos or memorabilia over the last 30 years, please email them to Karen Nelson at email@example.com. Karen will be putting together a presentation full of memories over the last 30 years.
I think that about covers it for August. As you can see, we have lots of exciting things going on. See you in a few weeks!